Friday, October 10, 2008

Back to School- The Real World

So this year is the time in 17 years that I will not be joining the 'back-to-school' frenzy. I have not not gone to school since I was 5 and now realize that a shock to the system the "real world" is. Throughout my college tenure I was warned of how hard it would be to get a job. I didn't believe them. I left college with a Bachelor and all the confidence in the world and my confidence has since been shut down. To make matters worse, I got a great paying job and quit on my second day (today), because I don't want THAT job. I feel like I have let everyone down and that no one understands me. I just want a job that will make me happy. I'm broke as crap and can't pay a single bill on my own anymore. Maybe I am stupid for quitting this job. But the fact remains, I couldn't stand the thought of working every single weekend (Saturday and Sunday!) and not coming home til 8:30 during the week. Hopefully someone will sympathize with me and understand my side. Anyway, I'm going to go meet Ricky for lunch and try not to think about life.

No comments: